CareersListed below are opportunities to work with The Center. If you don't see a position that suits you now, be sure to check back in and follow us for any updates.
Community Outreach Presenter (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
- Responsible for coordination and development of community education program.
- Provide community presentations on sexual assault and child abuse issues, including rape prevention, mandated reporter trainings, self-defense, personal safety, bystander intervention, and human trafficking.
- Provide secondary school programs regarding sexual harassment, self-defense, bystander intervention, and sexual assault/child abuse prevention.
- Assist with volunteer training.
- Assist with 24-hour Hotline coverage.
- Excellent bilingual literacy; fluency in Spanish/English required.
- College degree or related experience preferred.
- Completion of volunteer advocate training upon hire.
- Ability to work well with children and adults.
- Demonstrated skills in oral and written communication.
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues regarding sexual assault and child abuse.
- Sensitivity and ability to deal with persons of different cultural backgrounds and perspectives.
- Flexibility regarding work hours; availability to respond to crisis calls on a 24-hour basis.
- Valid driver’s license, insurance and working vehicle and telephone required
Hotline Services Coordinator (Bilingual – English/Spanish)
Below is a partial list of job duties. Please follow the link for a broader, though not comprehensive job description. If interested, your completed package must include the agency application (see application link) and cover letter mailed ATTN: Karin Powers, Finance/HR Director, North County Rape Crisis and Child Protection Center, P.O. Box 148, Lompoc, CA. Position open until filled.
1. Recruit, supervise, schedule and assign volunteers.
2. Responsible for coordination of 24-hour Hotline and Hotline coverage.
3. Maintain accurate volunteer records and volunteer hours.
4. Coordinate and help train volunteers in Lompoc and Santa Maria.
5. Update and maintain volunteer training materials.
6. Facilitate and coordinate monthly volunteer meetings.
7. Available on a 24-hour basis, by phone to assist with questions or coverage issues.
1. Completion of volunteer / advocate training upon hire.
2. Ability to train and work closely with volunteers and staff.
3. Knowledge of and sensitivity to issues regarding sexual assault and child abuse.
4. Ability and sensitivity to diversity issues involved in working in a multi-cultural community
and with special needs populations.
5. Flexibility regarding work hours.
North County Rape Crisis & Child Protection Center
511 E Ocean Ave, Lompoc, CA 93436
Santa Maria Office
301 Miller St # 103, Santa Maria, CA 93454